USB debug (and Android)

Børge Strand-Bergesen

Dec 5, 2018, 1:48:22 PM12/5/18
to sdr-w...@googlegroups.com, audio-...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

The Audio Widget USB device code has been rock solid for a long time. But now I have come across one case which makes me want to dig deeper.

Do you (or someone you know) have deep knowledge about USB descriptor parsing and USB debug on Android?

I have an old Sony Xperia which handled UAC1 and UAC2 very well while still on Android 5.0.1. Now upgraded to 5.1.1 it relates to other DACs but not the Audio Widget. I want to understand why and offer improved code.

At my disposal I have an Ellisys 200 with Audio Class decode. Enumerating the AW through it using the Xperia as host, there are no red flags. The Xperia never starts music playback. I have other Android phones (with their own sets of bugs) which seem to fully enumerate.

All the best,
Børge