UAC2 on windows 7 64bit

Marius Baicus

Nov 6, 2018, 6:03:13 AM11/6/18
to Audio-Widget
Hello,

I have build sdr-widget from http://www.yoyodyneconsulting.ca/pages/SDR-Widget.html and i want to use as an basic audio analyzer.
So, using firmware from https://github.com/borgestrand/sdr-widget on linux all is OK (UAC1 and UAC2). On Windows 7 64bit, installing ASIO driver from audio-widget working only UAC1, not UAC2 where i am interested.
So my question is: audio-widget is running on win 7 64 bit in UAC2 mode? if so, from where i can download the code, to try merge with sdr-widget code.

Best regards,
Marius Baicus

Børge Strand-Bergesen

Nov 6, 2018, 6:15:53 AM11/6/18
to audio-...@googlegroups.com
Hm, I think the ASIO driver could need a touch-up and a new build and test round with the newst APIs.

The ASIO driver is actually a 32-bit DLL which plugs into 32-bit ASIO capable players. I have built it for 64-bit but not invested a lot of time into testing and making installers. I haven't used it for a while, particularly after Win10 started supporting UAC2.

Best regards,
Børge

Marius Baicus

Nov 6, 2018, 9:53:42 AM11/6/18
to Audio-Widget

I just have tested on 32bit version, same problem. I will try windows 10 to see if there is working.

Børge Strand-Bergesen

Nov 7, 2018, 3:21:33 AM11/7/18
to audio-...@googlegroups.com
The ASIO driver is in need of maintenance. Any voluntares willing to:
- Update to newest libusbk libraries
- Build 32-bit and 64-bit binaries with newest MS compilers
- Update installer package to install both binaries
- Test 32-bit (and 64-bit) binaries on Win7 (and Win10) 32-bit and 64-bit machines

I'm more than happy to lend a hand, but I'd prefer to not carry the main responsibility for that. The existing ASIO driver build chain is well documented, and the code is well understood. Present binaries used to work like a charm on Win7-32 and -64 running 32-bit programs.

Best regards,
Børge

Marius Baicus

Nov 7, 2018, 6:52:35 AM11/7/18
to Audio-Widget

Well, on win10 64bit the same problem on UAC2, UAC1 is ok.
I can try to build drivers for 32/64bit, my main platform is linux, i use win only for limited time.
Where are the source code of drivers, to l0ok at it?

Regards!

Børge Strand-Bergesen

Nov 7, 2018, 7:47:29 AM11/7/18
to audio-...@googlegroups.com