ALSA driver in debug mode?

Børge Strand-Bergesen

Jun 25, 2017, 11:00:56 AM6/25/17
to audio-...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

I'm struggling to iron out a couple wrinkles in the UAC2 code. Could you please help point me toward a verbose way of loading the Linux UAC2 driver?

Getting rid of problems in Linux will hopefully also open up for Windows Creators Update UAC2 support.

A little while ago I added volume control. All is good and well on UAC1. On UAC2 there seem to be a few things missing.

I have an RS232 terminal in the DAC which tells me when the Host is trying to read and set the volume controls. In UAC1, running pavucontrol from the terminal and pulling the volue controls back and forth yields a lot of activity in the terminal.

But on UAC2, pavucontrol volume manipulation doesn't yield any terminal activity.

My hunch is that something is wrong in a descriptor somewhere, and Linux simply gives up trying to control some of the features of the DAC.

On Win10 Creators Update there is another set of issues, possibly related to the same unknown descriptor bug. The DAC works, but sample rate is locked to 44.1. This may be due to bad sample rate descriptors, but I suspect Win10 also reverts to some default mode because of descriptor bugs.

I have bnorrowed an Ellisys USB Explorer from a friend but I don't have the experience to put it to any good use (or the funding to buy the upgrade which enables it to decode the audio classes.)

Thanks,
Børge