development of UAC2 on STM32

Ivano Pelicella

Apr 18, 2018, 7:45:34 AM4/18/18
to Audio-Widget
Hi all

I'm developing a device that uses UAC2, is there someone that can develop a UAC2 firmware for STM32 microcontroller for a professional application?
Please contact me at the following mail:

goura at libero.it

Thanks and sorry for this OT message.
Ivano

Børge Strand-Bergesen

Apr 18, 2018, 8:13:11 AM4/18/18
to audio-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ivano,

That would be very interesting! I don't have the capacity to do much porting myself, but I can contribute a lot of knowledge and code.

One potential hurdle is that some of the present code is written on top of Atmel libraries which were licensed for use with their AVR32 only. I do not know what the original libraries might be. The changes and improvements done in the Audio-Widget / SDR-Widget project are substantial. But to reuse those efforts on other HW we should be able to argue that it wasn't an original Atmel contribution.

Børge

Ivano Pelicella

Apr 18, 2018, 10:42:16 AM4/18/18
to Audio-Widget
Hi Børge

thanks for the reply,
It seems to me that there's no UAC2 source code on Atmel (now Microchip) website, so I can imagine that the porting will be only for the high level portion of the code so no royalty is touched
All the low level USB HS is taken from the ST development tools

Ivano
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to audio-widget...@googlegroups.com.

Robert Lorenzini

Apr 18, 2018, 11:22:08 AM4/18/18