Geek Garage Sale

Martin Kealey

Jan 13, 2017, 10:42:13 AM1/13/17
to auc...@googlegroups.com

The more observant among you may have noticed I haven't been to any LUG
meetings lately, on account of the 4300km round trip to attend.

This week I'm packing up the last of my stuff from Auckland, and there are
some things which are too cumbersome to bring with me but which I don't want
to send to landfill.

All items are available "on indefinite loan" to a makerspace; otherwise a
modest contribution would be appreciated on the larger items.

Phone me if you're interested - 021637007 (but please not before 10am).

Inspection and collection Wednesday, otherwise you may have to negotiate
with the person who's staying a that address and who may or may not be
cooperative.

* various old computers & monitors (yeah I know, most people on this list
ALREADY have too many old PC's)

* several Cisco routers

* a rack in which to mount them all (all currently dismounted for transport)

* a drill press (approximately like https://goo.gl/images/6kzCNQ)

* a bench-mounted compound saw (approximately like https://goo.gl/images/z1XXtO -- virtually new condition, worth about $450)

* a 2.6 x 1m carpentry workbench

* an oscilloscope (analogue, up to 20 MHz, long-persistence phosphor; near-new condition even though it's about 30 years old.)

* tool boxes

* various smaller tools

* wood-working tools

* sundry electronic & electrical components

* spools and runs of cables for power, phone, & data (which also makes very
good speaker cable). Some 100-pair phone cable (useful for making copper
wire art).

* a set of golf clubs

* a gas BBQ with 2 bottles

* a bicycle (would suite someone up to about 170cm tall, or you could fit a
taller seat)

* 2 whiteboards (one with a stand)

-Martin