Drupal Help

Aaron Pelly

Oct 15, 2018, 3:09:20 PM10/15/18
to auc...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I realise this is a bit off topic for the list, but it's very quiet
these days and I'm hoping there's some membership overlap...

I'm fooling about with a website for the North Shore Amateur Radio Club.
We're a non profit, promoting ham radio, electronics and related stuff:
https://zl1ab.nz

Things have gone OK so far, but it's time I sought out some advice.

Are any of you guys on the Shore, or in the city and interested in
swapping an hour or so of Drupal 8 conversation for all the beer you can
drink while we chat?

I have a handle on most stuff, but mainly I could do with some info
about twig & theming.

While I'm here I should probably put in a plug for the club:

If you're into SDR or IoT it's useful to be a ham. Hams are allowed to
experiment with radio and have bands assigned for just that. We've also
got members with a wide array of experience in all kinds of radio tech.
who're generally to happy to share what they know with anyone that shows
an interest.

We're currently in the process of re-invigorating our mesh node,
upgrading our packet BBS and looking into installing a LoRa gateway.
We're fortunate to have our clubrooms situated in a good location for
radio, so these facilities will be visible over a broad area.

Anybody is welcome to come to our meetings, so I invite you to come and
give us a try. Our next meeting is our AGM on the 5th November.
Unfortunately I don't have the details on hand at the moment, but we've
had a major upgrade to the nights presentation. I believe it's about
modern radar tech. and I remember being very impressed by the speakers
bio. If anyone's interested I'll follow up.

Cheers,
Aaron.

Mark Foster

Oct 15, 2018, 3:13:48 PM10/15/18
to auc...@googlegroups.com
I'm in the wrong city these days but support the plug for ham radio. It's a complementary world to IT in so many ways.

Good luck! Drupal drives the website I built for Wellington VHF group (now administered by ZL2WAL, who's probably better at it than me anyway).

Cheers
ZL1VMF
Wellington
--
Sent from a mobile device.

Aaron Pelly

Oct 15, 2018, 3:21:48 PM10/15/18
to auc...@googlegroups.com
Top posting, Mark? :)

I find myself at the Wellington VHF group website regularly. They have done a great job of creating an actually useful resource. I hope we can contribute something similar up here on the Shore. It's not going to happen overnight though.

73
ZL1FAT

Mark Foster

Oct 15, 2018, 5:21:56 PM10/15/18
to auc...@googlegroups.com
I'm not an anti-top-posting zealot, I just like consistency. :-)

I'll make sure to pass on your kind words next time I see Rob,
unfortunately I have a standing commitment that keeps me away from WVHFG
meetings, at least until the end of the year.

There's also a good keen cluster of Linux-fan-hams in Auckland. Have a
chat with Grant ZL1WTT and/or Rob ZL1FLY - they were running a Linux User
Group of sorts, out of Auckland VHF Group.

It'd be great to see a closer relationship.
I do fear that dedicated LUG's as we know (knew) them are slowly dying
(look how quiet this group has been lately!) and being supplanted by
better web search engine results and other forums such as Reddit. All the
LUG's need to start thinking about what their function is in the current
day-and-age.... I could ramble but I won't. :)

Cheers
Mark.