Andre Onana spoke out after being removed from the Cameroon squad

ATZsport Free football streams

Jan 17, 2024, 2:13:14 AMJan 17
to ATZsport - Free football live streams
MU goalkeeper Andre Onana missed Cameroon's opening match at AFCON this year, and he also spoke up about this issue.

Cameroon goalkeeper Andre Onana is currently gathering with the national team to attend the African Championship (AFCON). He decided to ask the Cameroon Football Federation for permission to gather late to catch MU's important match against Tottenham (2-2 draw), then took a special plane to Ivory Coast to be present for the team's first match.

Onana's flight to Ivory Coast had to be diverted midway due to fog. The plane carrying Onana could not land at the place where the Cameroon team gathered but had to land in Abidjan before being picked up and transported to the team headquarters.

12458.jpg

Onana arrived at the stadium just 3 hours before the match, and he was not registered to play. Cameroon drew 1-1 with Guinea in their opening Group C match, while Andre Onana watched the match from the sidelines. Many rumors said that Onana was unhappy with this decision, while he also received a lot of criticism.

Andre Onana recently spoke out after missing Cameroon's opening match at AFCON, saying: " I have a lot to say but I won't say it here because we are in an important tournament. We are here to win, I hope fans will continue to support the team.

I am one of the most experienced people in the team, so I take responsibility for what I do. Just let people continue to criticize me, I'm used to it, I do what's useful for my country. I'm here to represent my country. It's an honor for me to be here with my country.

Regarding my playing time, the coach will decide. We are here to win regardless of who is on the field. We have very good goalkeepers.”

MY SOCIAL: