Server Maintenance at 3am

Andrew Harris

Mar 15, 2013, 3:20:45 PM3/15/13
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com, atxhs-ne...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

This evening at 3am I'll be performing a bit of maintenance on the server. This may involve some downtime, but it will be fairly brief if there is any at all. I'm just going to be making things a bit more manageable. Part of this will involve moving document roots around and splitting out David Mitchell's site into a separate virtualhost. A burger at starseeds will then be devoured as though it's my first halfway decent hot meal in days (and indeed it will be, the catered food at work is sort of growing bland on me).

This affects:

- wiki
- store
- david mitchell's blog
- that blog thing that we apparently still have
- that forum thing that has that one post in it welcoming people to the forum thing
- that mailman archive thing with all that old mail in it
- my stomach, as it reaches the capacity for beef before I start to feel gross

This does not affect:

- google groups
- mail services
- Tim's tumblr account
- The CB radio channel 23
- bed bug propagation within my apartment complex (haven't noticed any yet...)

Tim Fredlund

Mar 15, 2013, 3:50:14 PM3/15/13
to atxhs-ne...@googlegroups.com, atxhs-...@googlegroups.com
And thank goodness for it not affecting my Tumblr account. Think of the scores of people who would miss its wonderful content.

Andrew Harris

Mar 16, 2013, 3:56:33 AM3/16/13
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com, atxhs-ne...@googlegroups.com
still finishing up the new config. Will switch over to it in a bit.

David, I'm going to refresh the comments on your blog as previously discussed.

Andrew Harris

Mar 16, 2013, 4:30:49 AM3/16/13
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com, atxhs-ne...@googlegroups.com
All done. I've moved all of the docroots to /var/www/vhosts/, all the individual logs to /var/log/httpd/vhosts/, and all of the vhost configs to /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/ It's so cleeeeeaaaaan.

Let me know immediately of any issues. Pretty sure I covered all the bases.

And now, a burger.

Andrew Harris

Mar 16, 2013, 5:41:31 AM3/16/13
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com, atxhs-ne...@googlegroups.com
Burger update: starseeds is crowded as hell. :/