SSL Cert

Andrew Harris

Jun 25, 2013, 10:21:52 PM6/25/13
to atxhs-ne...@googlegroups.com
So. Are we seriously taking CC numbers without an SSL cert at store.atxhs.org? We need to remedy this!

I'll buy us a PositiveSSL (or a Gandi standard cert, whatever) for store.atxhackerspace.org (or whichever one we want to go with) just to get it done if we can create whatever email alias to pass the DCV.

Martin Bogomolni

Jun 25, 2013, 11:39:17 PM6/25/13
to atxhs-networking
I had a secure certificate for store.atxhackerspace.org (GoDaddy)
which should still be valid. It certainly -was- installed on the old
machine...

-M

Martin Bogomolni

Jun 25, 2013, 11:39:38 PM6/25/13
to atxhs-networking
(Authorize.net would not have approved us without it)

Andrew Harris

Jun 25, 2013, 11:42:42 PM6/25/13
to atxhs-ne...@googlegroups.com
Don't think I saw it configured in any of the vhosts on the old box, but no matter. Could you please upload it somewhere where I can grab it?

Martin Bogomolni

Jun 25, 2013, 11:43:57 PM6/25/13
to atxhs-networking
I think I'll have to re-download it. I'll check our GoDaddy receipts
tomorrow. It's a bit late right now.

-M

Andrew Harris

Jun 25, 2013, 11:55:14 PM6/25/13
to atxhs-ne...@googlegroups.com
Good chance it'll have to be reissued if we can't locate the key. I've generated a new RSA key and CSR in case that's needed.

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----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-----END CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----

Tim Fredlund

Jun 30, 2013, 11:08:18 AM6/30/13
to ATXHS Networking Committee
Did this ever yield a certificate?

Tim Fredlund | @ethosrot | #tc

Martin Bogomolni

Jun 30, 2013, 3:19:21 PM6/30/13
to atxhs-ne...@googlegroups.com

No, unfortunately It didn't... lets just generate a new one.   Cheaply if possible please.

-M

Denzuko

Aug 2, 2013, 11:26:31 AM8/2/13
to atxhs-ne...@googlegroups.com
CACert.org would be a good way to go, its accepted by most browsers these days and they do allow for you to generate your own client, wildcard, and server SSL certificates. Plus they are backed by NLnet Foundation
and the Open Architecture group.

https://wiki.cacert.org/FAQ/AboutUs

Martin Bogomolni

Aug 2, 2013, 11:33:27 AM8/2/13
to atxhs-networking

Looks like we're getting a StartCom SSL certificate...

-M

Andrew Harris

Aug 2, 2013, 4:18:44 PM8/2/13
to atxhs-ne...@googlegroups.com
Has this been issued yet?

Martin Bogomolni

Aug 2, 2013, 4:26:18 PM8/2/13
to atxhs-networking

Nope, we only just approved the expense.   Tim is in the process of doing the SSL personal and corporate identity validation, which will take a bit of time.

-M

Andrew Harris

Aug 2, 2013, 4:28:24 PM8/2/13
to atxhs-ne...@googlegroups.com
Aight. ping me when it's issued and i'll set up the vhosts for it.