WordPress Brutes

Andrew Harris

Apr 11, 2013, 10:53:12 PM4/11/13
to atxhs-ne...@googlegroups.com
So this is something we've been seeing a lot at work.

It really hits hardest on VPS with low memory when it spawns up a fuckton of CGI procs. AFAICT, it doesn't seem to have affected us too bad, I only see a very minor load spike at the time that our Wordpress was being bruteforced (about 20 minutes ago).

I don't see any immediate reason to take action, but it's something we should watch out for to see if it causes any load issues. And obviously we'll want to make sure we've got decent passwords on all our CMSs. Hit me up if you see anything fishy.