Nominating Joe Ngo for Director of PR

Phillip Kromer

May 18, 2020, 8:57:39 PM5/18/20
to ATXHS Discuss, atxhs-...@googlegroups.com, Joe Ngo
I nominate Joe Ngo for director of PR. He is already the key force behind our social media accounts, and I hope every member is aware of his monumental contributions to the space. He has been the technical lead on the PPE efforts, does the bulk of the machine maintenance work at the space, and is one of our most prolific contributors of equipment. That's just the start of the list.

Above all that, he somehow also finds the time to teach numerous classes and make himself available for expert advice and active contributions to any member looking to grow their skills or complete a project.

He's a calming voice and an active aid to the work of the board. Because of his friendly nature and frequent presence at the space, he helps people to connect with one another and learn new things.

I love working with him and nominate him to continue to lead the PR team, with the official and deserved designation as director.

flip

Valerie Grace

May 18, 2020, 9:59:01 PM5/18/20
to ATXHS Members, ATXHS Discuss, Joe Ngo
I second this nomination.  Joe Ngo is an integral member not only in our community at ATXHS, but also in communities outside ATXHS.  His leadership in and out of Hackerspace makes him an excellent choice for Director of Public Relations.  I would love to see him officially receive the title of the role he has already served through his many volunteer efforts including managing our social media accounts (bless you for this Joe - I get excited about spreadsheets, but not social media!).

Valerie Grace Wilmot
Director of Administration

Joe N

May 18, 2020, 10:45:29 PM5/18/20
to Valerie Grace, ATXHS Members, ATXHS Discuss
Thank you for the nomination. I thought about it long and hard before deciding to run. I want to thank Adam Mata for giving people tours and getting new members signed up. We need people who care about the space to step up. Adam and I spoke on the phone for a while about his frustrations with the space this evening. The board will work to address the concerns and figure out what the new order from Gov. Abbott means in terms of opening up the space.

I have been running the social media for about 2 years. In that time the Hackerspace presence the has grown a bit. I have working to showcase things at the space on Instagram and Facebook. We have reached out to national maker groups and befriended other spaces like ours. I will work on that front to make our presence known to the world. I can't promise any streets of gold, but I will work.

--
Sincerely,
Joe Ngo

R. D. Childers

May 19, 2020, 7:19:47 PM5/19/20
to atxhs-...@googlegroups.com, Valerie Grace, ATXHS Discuss

Thank you Joe. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

R. D. Childers

512-826-1457

http://www.linkedin.com/in/rdchilders