GIS Day - coming up soon!

Sara

Nov 6, 2014, 11:31:48 AM11/6/14
to atx...@googlegroups.com
Greetings atx-osg'ers:

GIS Day is coming up soon -- November 19th! -- and I wanted to make sure everyone had a chance to read more about it. Some Open Source Geo-related highlights:

- FREE Open Source Workshop: 1215-1:45pm
Andrew Hill (CartoDB) will lead this lunch&learn-style workshop on a gentle introduction to mapping with CartoDB. Bring a laptop & lunch, this one should be fun.

- Open Source Geo Lounge: 2-4pm
ATX OSG members will be manning this area all afternoon: come by between sessions to recharge your laptop, ask a question, or get some help. Combination Q&A and hacker station.

- Map Gallery: all day
<<ENTER HERE!>>
The map gallery is free to enter, and there are prizes: 1 year of Mapbox's Standard plan for each of 3 winners. I really, really, really everyone here interested to enter: let's fill that gallery with proof that you don't need ESRI to make a map... plus, that's $600 of Mapbox product for each winner to play with.

- Talk: opensource + proprietary GIS integration, 4pm
This is just me doing my FOSS4G talk again for GIS Day folks to hear. If you were at Georodeo this past Summer, you've pretty much already heard this. Feel free to come and heckle. :)

There's plenty more -- the event will kick off at 8am, but most folks will come and go throughout the day, as they're able. Full schedule is online here. GIS day is FREE for everyone to attend, and I'm so happy to see it become a more rounded, less single-vendor-focused event this year. Hope many of you can make it out on the 19th! Also, if for any reason you're tracking attendance for GISP points, come see me during the event and I'll get you a voucher-letter.

Cheers,
Sara