Anyone out there currently using/familiar with GDAL?

Sara Safavi

Apr 7, 2015, 12:10:14 PM4/7/15
to atx-osg-...@meetup.com, atx...@googlegroups.com
Greetings atx-osg'ers!

Last night's GDAL/OGR install party was a great success -- 100% of attendees left with GDAL/OGR installed, and everyone had a chance to practice some OGR skills with a sample shapefile. Awesome!!!

We had some interest in the crowd re: learning more about GDAL/raster work: I did promise that we'd do that topic as one of our tech nights if there was any interest, so I want to get this on the calendar for sure.

Confession: I am not a huge raster person... most of my (post-college :) ) GIS career has been spent in the vector universe. Likewise, to date I've only minorly dabbled in the GDAL side of the GDAL/OGR suite. Now, that's not a dealbreaker to getting this GDAL tech night on the calendar: of course I can read docs and practice some more GDAL no problem... BUT  before doing that, I wanted to reach out and see if any of you are already familiar with the topic. If so, it would make more sense for us all to benefit from your knowledge than from mine! If this is you, would you be interested in running -- or helping to run, I can totally work with you if preferred -- a GDAL tech night?

If this sounds like something you are interested in, please definitely get in touch with me.

Thanks!
Sara