could use help with kexec jump configuration post install

JimmiJones

Jan 16, 2012, 2:10:40 PM1/16/12
to atv-bootloader
I have successfully installed avt-bootloader and mythtv 10.10 on a
first generation appletv. Actually, this is the second I have done,
but the first was almost a year ago and I did not take proper notes.

I am having trouble remembering how I configured the atv-bootloader to
run a kexec jump to the mythtv kernel. What is even weirder is that I
can not mount the partition that mythtv is installed to. I keep
getting an "invalid argument" failure. I get the same failure for both
the first partition, where I put grub, and the fourth partition, where
I put mythtv.

I installed using a netboot as the instructions here
http://code.google.com/p/atv-bootloader/wiki/BootingLiveCD describe.

I can ssh into my other existing appletv front end and poke around and
see the menu.lst in grub. I was hoping to copy that configuration
over, but if I can't get to the partition I can't modify the file.

I would appreciate anyone with more linux knowledge than me, which is
just about everyone, that is willing to try and help.

TIA,

Ryan

JimmiJones

Feb 28, 2012, 1:21:36 PM2/28/12
to atv-bootloader
I am still working on this and have found some really odd behavior. I
decided that the easiest thing to do would to be use dd to make a disk
image of the working mythtv front end then apply this image to the
others and change the needed things like computer name and ip address.
They don't boot into myth. They drop to a command prompt. It is really
quite odd. Anyone have any ideas for me?

JimmiJones

Feb 29, 2012, 10:50:37 AM2/29/12
to atv-bootloader
And another update. I plugged all the equipment in yesterday while
straightening out my office and one of the two cloned boxed worked?!?
So, I pulled it's drive and hooked it up to my backend and made an
image. Then I wrote that image to the final box. No joy. I get the
flashing appletv with question mark at boot. I am starting to wonder
if there might be something wrong with the final hard drive.

Christian Lyra

Feb 29, 2012, 10:56:49 AM2/29/12
to atv-boo...@googlegroups.com
hi,

What version of atv bootloader are you using? 0.8 works fine for me, but 1.0 no.

> --

Christian Lyra
PoP-PR/RNP

JimmiJones

Feb 29, 2012, 5:15:27 PM2/29/12
to atv-bootloader
I have found the problem. I had a hard drive cable in the third
appletv that wasn't seated properly. So, all three are working now.

As far as what version of atv-bootloader I am using, I have no idea. I
picked it up last summer.

If there is something I can do to help you, and you weren't just
expressing curiosity, let me know. I would be willing to give you a
copy of the disk image I am using that is working if that would help.

Ryan