Black Screen with recovery 1.0

mjn1210

Nov 7, 2011, 9:30:21 AM11/7/11
to atv-boo...@googlegroups.com
All,

I have been trying for some time to use the recovery 1.0 version, but keep having an issue, where my screen goes black, right after the penboot Logo, but before the kernel messages for the mach_kernel.  I am thinking it is the video mode the mach_kernel is setting as I have been able to boot into the alternate installer for Ubuntu 10.04 and that comes up fine.  I have tried using the nomodeset kernel boot command line in the com.apple.Boot.plist file, which does at least let me see the 5 or 6 lines that appear when the boot.efi is read, but when it gets ready to display the mach_kernel output to the console, black, no text.  The kernel does boot ans I am able to ssh into it after it boots up.

I have tried all kinds of kernel boot params (vesa video=vesafb vga16fb.blacklist = yes) etc.. with no luck.  How can I figure out what mode my TV will support and more importantly how can I set this in the mach_kernel boot param?

Any help would be appreciated as I am at a dead end...