ATV Boot with Ubuntu 10.10

Markosjal

Oct 3, 2011, 6:13:11 PM10/3/11
to atv-bootloader
I have tried using the ATV bootloader with linux Mint 10 (ubuntu
10.10) , and when it did seem to start booting I had references to
kernel modules that would not load then was taken to Ubuntu root
console. After some investigation it seems that possibly ATV
bootloader was not loading the kernel ad defined in the grub .lst
file?????

How can I manually specify that ATV loads via the grub .lst file?

I know the Mint install works because I tested it on a PC prior to
adding the ATV bootloader

DFishburn

Oct 3, 2011, 8:23:46 PM10/3/11
to atv-bootloader
Is that running the new grub2?
If so, that is not supported by ATV, though there is a patch for it.
You can google for it, I don't know a lot but just went down all this
path and bailed to install XBMC instead.

Markosjal

Oct 4, 2011, 1:03:41 AM10/4/11
to atv-bootloader
It is Grub 1.9x as I recall.

Markosjal

Oct 4, 2011, 1:58:13 AM10/4/11
to atv-bootloader
Ok so either I am dumb or the GRUB version numbers are as I have
discovered that GRUB 1.98 is version 2 not legacy grub. Therein lies
my problem. SO can I not use ATV bootloader with GRUB 2?

Guess I will have to try GRUB legacy on Mint 10??

On Oct 3, 5:13 pm, Markosjal <markos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have tried using the ATV bootloadeAT r with linux Mint 10 (ubuntu

davilla

Oct 4, 2011, 11:09:55 AM10/4/11
to atv-bootloader
recovery-1.0.tar.gz support grub2, see the downloads section. create
atv-bootloader, replace the recovery contents with contents of
recovery-1.0.tar.gz.

Markosjal

Oct 4, 2011, 5:25:58 PM10/4/11
to atv-bootloader
thanks but that did not work either

Scott D. Davilla

Oct 3, 2011, 8:45:59 PM10/3/11
to atv-boo...@googlegroups.com

recovery-1.0.tar.gz supports grub2

Andrew Brasher

Oct 5, 2011, 12:13:15 AM10/5/11
to atv-boo...@googlegroups.com
Can anyone help me restore my ATV without a backup?
I am very new to Linux and I am anxious about following code commands *blindly.

Markosjal

Oct 5, 2011, 2:12:15 PM10/5/11
to atv-bootloader
As I stated earlier , the version 1.0 did not work either. I can boot
to Mint from the thumb drive on a PC and I can start the ATV with the
ATV partition. I just can not seem to get from ATV bootloader to Mint,
and I see no real no examples nor much explanation here.

On a further note when booting ATV to the 1.0 version the moment the
penguin appears above the scrolling boot text, all I see is rolling on
the screen. TV can not display whatever resolution accurately. This
did not happen on previous version

Markosjal

Oct 5, 2011, 2:14:10 PM10/5/11
to atv-bootloader