Compile own mach_kernel with linux 3.1.4

Anton Paulic

Dec 13, 2011, 1:56:19 PM12/13/11
to atv-boo...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,
Firstly I big thank you to all the people who've helped in this awesome project.
I was previously running Ubuntu 8.04 since the instructions were best laid out for this particular version.
I had compiled my own mach_kernel using the kernel from 8.04 and it booted right in, so no double kernel boot, yay!
I've since learned enough to tackle the challenge of installing Archlinux to get all updated software (and giving up hdmi audio for optical audio in return).
I tried compiling my own mach_kernel using the kernel and initrd from Archlinux which is currently at 3.1.4-1-ARCH.
Everything compiled correctly, but it does not boot.
It stops at the point of trying to execute the linux kernel (I get the penguin and the bright white text saying it found vmlinuz and initrd.gz).
Anyone have any ideas if the new 3.x series of kernels will get some love?
Thanks again!