Atv boot

stentmartin

Aug 8, 2011, 3:18:10 AM8/8/11
to atv-bootloader
I have mythbuntu 10.4 and xbmc running on my Atv. I can use the usb
stick in telnet to boot manually.

But there is no way I can boot=auto either from the usb stick or the
internal disk.

If looking at the usb boot=auto first this is the messages:
.
.
Atv-boot=auto searching for boot config
sdb4/syslinux.cfg found
#! /bin/bash
kexec jump to new kernel
kernel failed: invalid argument
umount can not umount /mnt/rootfs: invalid argument
Atv-boot=auto faild starting telnet

In syslinux.cfg I have echo command and the same command string with
kexec as I use manually. It seems to me as the boot.efi nevet looks in
syslinux.cfg and looks somewhere else?

Please can someone help me out here.

Thanks

Sten

DFishburn

Oct 3, 2011, 2:20:42 PM10/3/11
to atv-bootloader
What (internet page) set of instructions did you follow to create the
USB key?

The ones I used (which were not on the atv-bootloader website) worked
flawlessly and required absolutely no tweaking on my side.

I put it in, booted.
Pulled it out.
Rebooted and a new menu item was available on the ATV, which allowed
me to download the new XBMC release.

Here is the site I used:
http://code.google.com/p/atvusb-creator/

HTH,