XBMC Myth protocol and deletes

DFishburn

Oct 3, 2011, 2:17:10 PM10/3/11
to atv-bootloader
I have recently switched from using Ubuntu and MythTV frontend, to
straight Apple TV (ATV) and no plugins.

I have a question that I hope Scott can answer, or anyone else using
this configuration.

I have enabled Deletes under System settings.

Under Videos, I created a new source using the Myth protocol:
myth://mythtvip

Then I can navigate to Videos, choose MythTV, then I see my items
broken down by TV and Movies. Choosing TV, it further breaks down
similar to what MythTV frontend shows, I see a show or series name.

If I enter a series, I can watch an episode. When the episode
finished I can bring up a context menu, and pick Delete from it. It
prompts me to delete the "real" .mpg filename. I say "yes".

The video will never delete, which is unfortunate, since this is a big
one for cleanup.

Since this is using the Myth protocol, I doubt it is a permissions
issue.

Any suggestions on this one?

TIA,
Dave

Scott D. Davilla

Oct 3, 2011, 2:33:05 PM10/3/11
to atv-boo...@googlegroups.com

Turn the logging up to see who is the culprit. I would 1st check the
prmissions on the file in question.

DFishburn

Oct 9, 2011, 6:31:21 PM10/9/11
to atv-bootloader
When I go to Settings -> System -> Debugging -> Enable

Then in /Users/frontrow/Library/Logs/xbmc.log I see the following when
I try to delete a TV show over the myth:// protocol:

18:19:42 T:2684407808 M: 24637440 DEBUG: ------ Window Init
(DialogYesNo.xml) ------
18:19:55 T:2684407808 M: 24088576 DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit
(DialogYesNo.xml) ------
18:19:55 T:2684407808 M: 24633344 DEBUG: FileManager: delete
myth://UID:P...@192.168.1.40/tvshows/Daily Planet/
1040_20111007190000.mpg
18:19:55 T:2684407808 M: 24625152 ERROR: Exists - unable to get find
1040_20111007190000.mpg

So, no permission errors.

Though, when I tail the /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log, I see the
following:
2011-10-09 18:26:24.287 adding: AppleTV-2.local as a client (events:
0)
2011-10-09 18:26:43.522 MainServer::HandleVersion - Client speaks
protocol version 8 but we speak 40!

So, it looks like I need to run newer myth backend software then my
pretty old 0.21 release.

I guess I will have to add that to my list.

Do you by chance know what version I would have to be at?
I was going to upgrade to the current LTE for Ubuntu:
10.04

Though, at this point I might just wait until 12.04, given I am still
at 7.04.

Thanks,
Dave