Boot using compact flash adapter

Bharath Ramesh

Feb 19, 2012, 5:09:43 AM2/19/12
to atv-bootloader
I searched the groups to see that at least one person (Scott Davilla)
has been able to boot the Apple TV using a compact flash to IDE
adapter. I went ahead and bought a SY-IDE2CF-NB25 (http://
www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812186050) compact
flash adapter and a Transced 133x 8GB compact flash card. I checked if
the card was being detected as a fixed mode card on windows and it is.
I also noticed that a few people running OpenELEC have been successful
using this adapter with various cards.

I fall under the category who havent been able to get this card
working. When I try booting from it directly connected as IDE drive
all I get is the Apple TV image with a blinking question mark. If I
connect to the USB port using a IDE to USB adapter it boots fine. I
was hoping either someone could tell me if I am doing something wrong
or may be suggest and adapter that majority have had success with.

--
Bharath