atv-recovery 1.0 grub2 support questions?

Kendrick Vargas

Jan 30, 2012, 2:26:32 PM1/30/12
to atv-bootloader
Hi,

Somehow I came off of this group and I'm not sure how. Didn't realize
there has been so much activity lately :-)

So, I decided to upgrade my ATV's from Ubuntu 10.04 up to 11.10.
Though the ubiquity based installer was painfully slow, I did manage
to get it installed. I'm assuming it's using grub2.

I have a separate /boot partition (old habit). With 10.04, I simply
made a link from boot -> . within the /boot partition and the older
recovery worked fine. I also had to create a menu.lst, but I shouldn't
need that anymore. The system won't auto-boot. I also added a new
partition before the boot partition.

How does the new recovery know which partition to boot from, and how
(what path) does it access the grub.cfg at?