Ubiquity installer crash with Mythbuntu 10.04 LTS

DFishburn

Aug 2, 2011, 9:55:14 PM8/2/11
to atv-bootloader
I used the following kexec line:

kexec --load tmp/casper/vmlinuz --initrd=tmp/casper/initrd.lz --
command-line="
file=/preseed/mythbuntu.seed boot=casper initrd=/casper/initrd.lz
nosplash vesa
video=vesafb"

Went through the installer choose the settings:

Prepare Partitions

select /dev/sda4 and "edit"
change "use as" to ext3
change mount point to "/" (without quotes)
check the format check box.

select /dev/sda5 and "edit"
change "use as" to swap

if you see any other marked partitions
select them and "edit"
change "use as" to dontuse

select mac mini IR driver
select nvidia-new driver

A couple of additional items to note.
1. For some reason it saw a /dev/sda7 and with 0 space. Even though
I told it to ignore it, it tried to format it as ext4.
2. I saw no where where this was an option: "select and configure the
display settings for your monitor"

When it looked for my backend with the security code, it could not
find it.
I wonder how it finds the backends? I currently have 3 running in the
house:
- My original old 0.21.
- A 10.04 instance
- A 11.04 instance

I was hoping it would ask me for which one.

Any suggestions on how it to debug this?

Thanks,
Dave

DFishburn

Aug 2, 2011, 10:29:41 PM8/2/11
to atv-bootloader
For those that have manged to get 10.04 running, can you also provide
the kexec line you used and any weird stuff you ran into.

Thanks,
Dave