atv-bootloader stuck in starting Linux

Bharath Ramesh

Apr 8, 2012, 7:32:15 PM4/8/12
to atv-boo...@googlegroups.com
I generated a new mach_kernel using Ubuntu precise's 3.2 kernel. I am presented with the screen stuck at "starting Linux...." and idea what could be the cause of this issue?

--
Bharath

Scott D. Davilla

Apr 8, 2012, 9:48:04 PM4/8/12
to atv-boo...@googlegroups.com
>I generated a new mach_kernel using Ubuntu precise's 3.2 kernel. I
>am presented with the screen stuck at "starting Linux...." and idea
>what could be the cause of this issue?

Borked framebuffer most likely.

Bharath Ramesh

Apr 8, 2012, 10:49:12 PM4/8/12
to atv-boo...@googlegroups.com
My command line string reads "root=UUID=a4da0794-4782-467e-8c57-fb2ebc55ef00 ro vesa video=vesafb vga16fb.blacklist=yes" and doesnt help either. I remember reading once that if the initrd was beyond a particular size it wouldnt boot, the default precise initrd.img is ~14MB. Could this be causing issues as well.

--
Bharath

Bharath Ramesh

Apr 10, 2012, 2:22:43 AM4/10/12
to atv-boo...@googlegroups.com
I tried adding video=normal nomodeset still no go. The apple tv is stuck with that line and doesnt boot for sure as I dont see it come up on the network. Any suggestions to solve this problem, or would I have to recompile the kernel from scratch?

--
Bharath