[DG-AM] eGov requirements for attributes, and report recommendations

1 view

Heather Flanagan

Feb 14, 2012, 6:05:09 PM2/14/12
to dg...@kantarainitiative.org
Hi all -

I believe we've captured most of the items out of the eGov requirements for attributes in our report. As a reminder, those requirements (assuming I've found them all) are:

Develop a common approach to protocol choice, implementation and subsequent deployment
Schema
Semantics (there are generic and industry-specific attribute code lists everywhere (LDAP, x500, OASIS CIQ, Health's HL7, InCommon etc) so let’s not re-invent anything..rather re-use something/s*****) and from this develop
Metadata definition, and
Level of Assurance criteria for attributes

(http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/AMDG/Attribute+Requirements)

We've mentioned schema and metadata, work on semantics and terminology, and LoA. We have not discussed how to develop a common approach to protocol choice, etc. I think that might actually a bit too detailed for what we're expected to accomplish in our discussion group, but someone may have a different opinion?

I've also updated the recommendations section significantly based on our call today.

http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/AMDG/Report+-+DRAFT#Report-DRAFT-Recommendations

You know you can't wait to go review it. ;-)

-Heather