Grammar for ATS2?

theindi...@gmail.com

Mar 7, 2018, 12:54:34 PM3/7/18
to ats-lang-users
I've started working on a fork of ATS2-mode for Emacs/Spacemacs. The repo is public but there are still many missing features and bugs, plus I have zero ATS skills and ε Emacs lisp skills, so yeah, don't go in expecting much should you start to use it.

(So far, I've seen many forks but it isn't clear which one does what...)

Is this a worthwhile project for folks, or would it be more prudent to work on things once the syntax for ATS3 has been finalized? I'm not looking to write anything big in ATS myself (at least in the near future) but it would be nice to have proper syntax highlighting as a learner.

If this is of interest right now, where do I find the grammar for ATS2? I did find a description of the ATS1 grammar on the old website but not much else...

Brandon Barker

Mar 7, 2018, 2:18:28 PM3/7/18
to ats-lang-users
I used this for IntelliJATS: https://github.com/bbarker/IntelliJATS/blob/master/src/com/atslangplugin/ATS.bnf and https://github.com/bbarker/IntelliJATS/blob/master/src/com/atslangplugin/ATS.flex. I hope it helps. Unfortunately, it has been a while, and I'd have to go dig through the ATS2 source to recall where I got that from.

theindi...@gmail.com

Mar 7, 2018, 3:50:23 PM3/7/18
to ats-lang-users
Thanks! It isn't entirely clear to me what all the keys are inside the bnf file (some of them don't have counterparts in the .flex file) but this is definitely good to start with.

gmhwxi

Mar 7, 2018, 5:44:12 PM3/7/18
to ats-lang-users

Thanks for your effort!

Please don't wait for ATS3, which is just a dream as of now :)