What are ATS2's user defined identifiers name‑spaces?

Yannick Duchêne

Feb 7, 2015, 4:41:39 PM2/7/15
to ats-lan...@googlegroups.com
With ATS2, some same identifiers may be re‑use for multiple purpose. As an example,  `propdef` and `prfn` may have the same name (identifier), or as another example, a `typedef` and a `val`, may have the same name too. I don't mean hiding nor overloading (while to some abstract point of view, this may be seen as overloading).

Is there a defined list of identifiers name‑spaces with ATS2?

Hongwei Xi

Feb 7, 2015, 4:57:40 PM2/7/15
to ats-lan...@googlegroups.com

prfn foo ... // foo is dynamic
propdef foo = ... // foo is static

val foo = ... // foo is dynamic
typedef foo = ... // foo is static

Static identifers and dynamic identifiers are completely separated in ATS.

Think of a static identifier being colored blue and a dynamic identifier red.
So a blue 'foo' is never mixed with a red 'foo'.

On Sat, Feb 7, 2015 at 4:41 PM, 'Yannick Duchêne' via ats-lang-users <ats-lan...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
With ATS2, some same identifiers may be re‑use for multiple purpose. As an example,  `propdef` and `prfn` may have the same name (identifier), or as another example, a `typedef` and a `val`, may have the same name too. I don't mean hiding nor overloading (while to some abstract point of view, this may be seen as overloading).

Is there a defined list of identifiers name‑spaces with ATS2?

Yannick Duchêne

Feb 16, 2015, 1:13:32 AM2/16/15
to ats-lan...@googlegroups.com

Le samedi 7 février 2015 22:57:40 UTC+1, gmhwxi a écrit :

prfn foo ... // foo is dynamic
propdef foo = ... // foo is static

val foo = ... // foo is dynamic
typedef foo = ... // foo is static

Static identifers and dynamic identifiers are completely separated in ATS.

Also the names for dataprop/datatype and the names for their constructors.