Staload and namespace which is a single underscore (“_”)

Yannick Duchêne

Dec 27, 2015, 1:21:18 AM12/27/15
to ats-lang-users
What does it mean, for a namespace, to be a single underscore, as in:
staload _ = "prelude/DATS/bool.dats"

Yannick Duchêne

Dec 27, 2015, 1:22:07 AM12/27/15
to ats-lang-users
Funny title … it looks like a smiley :-P

Hongwei Xi

Dec 27, 2015, 1:50:43 AM12/27/15
to ats-lan...@googlegroups.com
It means that the namespace is not open to typechecking but open to compilation
(so that template implementations can be found by the compiler).

On Sun, Dec 27, 2015 at 1:21 AM, 'Yannick Duchêne' via ats-lang-users <ats-lan...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
What does it mean, for a namespace, to be a single underscore, as in:
staload _ = "prelude/DATS/bool.dats"

Barry Schwartz

Dec 27, 2015, 3:31:59 PM12/27/15
to ats-lan...@googlegroups.com
Hongwei Xi <gmh...@gmail.com> skribis:
> It means that the namespace is not open to typechecking but open to
> compilation
> (so that template implementations can be found by the compiler).
>

> On Sun, Dec 27, 2015 at 1:21 AM, 'Yannick Duchêne' via ats-lang-users <
> ats-lan...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
> > What does it mean, for a namespace, to be a single underscore, as in:
> > staload _ = "prelude/DATS/bool.dats"

A question I would have is does it in any way differ from

staload FOO = "whatever.dats"

besides being anonymous. (And is it really anonymous or is it so by
convention?)

Hongwei Xi

Dec 27, 2015, 8:22:58 PM12/27/15
to ats-lan...@googlegroups.com