FAQ for ATS : is it of any benefit ? Is anyone willing to help ?

Yann Le Du

Jan 26, 2022, 1:16:21 PM1/26/22
to ats-lang-users
Hi,

I'm going through the users group and I realize that it would probably be much user-friendly if there was a FAQ for ATS based on the exchanges found here.

@Hongwei : does it make any sense at this time given ATS3 looks well on its way to arrive on the scene ?

If the above is positive, is anyone interested in helping make one (which published parts would have to be validated by Hongwei I guess) ?

gmhwxi

Jan 27, 2022, 1:02:27 AM1/27/22
to ats-lang-users
Hi Yann,

Thanks for your enthusiasm.

>>@Hongwei : does it make any sense at this time given ATS3 looks well on its way to arrive on the scene ?

I would say that let's wait for some time. At this point, ATS3/Xanadu is far from a certainty.

If I am finally able to pull this off, that is, finishing a usable and useful compiler for compiling ATS3 to C, then
I would feel it is time to push ATS3/Xanadu to the world. But right now, it seems a bit too early for such a FAQ
for ATS.

--Hongwei