Build ATS within IntelliJ

Brandon Barker

Jan 17, 2015, 8:09:21 AM1/17/15
to ats-lan...@googlegroups.com
This is a bit of a hack, but it should be easy and quick to use.

Copy this build.gradle to your project directory (make sure it is named build.gradle), i.e., where your makefile is. IntelliJ, or other Java IDEs with Gradle support, should then be able to call it. This isn't really ATS-specific, and should work for other projects as well.

I hope to eventually integrate proper ATS build support into the plugin.

Brandon Barker

Jan 31, 2015, 10:32:38 AM1/31/15
to ats-lang-users
At the moment, if you are working with large repositories using multiple makefiles, it is probably still more sensible to just open the top-level directory you are interested in within IntelliJ, then build from a command line.

This still has the advantage of giving you a project-view of the folder. For instance I just opened a folder (instead of a project) nested within ATS-Postiats-contrib:

Inline image 1

IntelliJ will still maintain your view state between restarts, but at the cost of creating a '.idea' directory in the top-level directory you have selected. So you may want to add .idea to the repo's .gitignore.

It also has other deficiencies since if you refer to files outside of the hierarchy, you will have to use another method (such as opening a new window to open the ATS-Postiats or ATS-Postiats-contrib repo at top-level). Of course, the plugin does not know how to reference ATSLIB functions (someday I hope).

Brandon Barker
brandon...@gmail.com

Brandon Barker

Feb 3, 2015, 1:02:47 PM2/3/15
to ats-lang-users
FYI, I just found out about Kotlin, a strongly typed JVM language with an ML-like syntax: http://kotlinlang.org/

It is also a JetBrains project, so I think it makes a lot of sense to rewrite the plugin in Kotlin, but I haven't started yet. If anyone else wants to give it a try feel free to send a pull request. I plan to gradually do it.
--
Brandon Barker
brandon...@gmail.com