Moving forward with ATS3

gmhwxi

Jun 3, 2021, 6:31:11 PM6/3/21
to ats-lang-users

Hi, there,

I wish I could announce that ATS is ready. But it is not.

I had actually gotten stuck for quite some time in the middle of
implementing a type-checker for ATS3 (that supports both linear
types and dependent types). It is some work I did in the last few
days that has unstuck me. Hopefully :) I can now move forward
again with the implementation.

At this point, I feel that I have a pretty good picture as to what ATS3
is going to be like as a programming language. However, it is not so
clear to me as to what kind of an ecosystem can be built for this unique
programming language. I would definitely want to hear from people on
this list and elsewhere.

I will be soon sending out some posts talking about various aspects of
ATS3. Let's have a lively discussion :)

Cheers!

--Hongwei

d4v3y_5c0n3s