ATS3: Parsing

gmhwxi

Oct 10, 2018, 9:32:09 PM10/10/18
to ats-lang-users
FYI.

I am pleased to make an announcement
that I have almost finished a parser for ATS3:

This time, I use a design that stores all the syntax
error of a program in the generated abstract syntax
tree (AST). To report syntax errors, one needs to implement
what I call a "syntax-reader" to traverse the AST. I imagine
that different syntax-readers can be written for targeting users
of different levels or backgrounds. And I suppose that writing
such a syntax-reader is a quick way to learn the concrete syntax
for ATS3 :) I will say more about this in ats-lang-devel:

(To join the above group, you need to issue a request)

I plan to output ATS3 abstract syntax trees in JSON format. This
means that one can implement a syntax reader in languages other
than ATS.

Cheers!

Hiroshi Sakurai

Oct 11, 2018, 12:56:53 AM10/11/18
to ats-lang-users
Why your a line of code is very short?
Do you write program using Smart phone?

2018年10月11日木曜日 10時32分09秒 UTC+9 gmhwxi:

Artyom Shalkhakov

Oct 11, 2018, 2:35:09 AM10/11/18
to ats-lang-users
Hi Hiroshi,

On Thursday, October 11, 2018 at 7:56:53 AM UTC+3, Hiroshi Sakurai wrote:
Why your a line of code is very short?
Do you write program using Smart phone?

That seems like a correct observation. :-) It's narrow enough to fit on my phone!

Hongwei Xi

Oct 11, 2018, 7:39:00 AM10/11/18
to ats-lan...@googlegroups.com
>>Do you write program using Smart phone?

Very rarely. I do read code on a phone, sometimes.