MySQL alternatives?

Michiel Klaver

Feb 23, 2012, 8:52:19 AM2/23/12
to AtomiaDNS
Now, to make it all really fast, the MySQL database backends could be
replaced with one of the many stripped-down forks like Percona XtraDB.
Would that be a (future) option?

Jimmy Bergman

Feb 23, 2012, 9:16:25 AM2/23/12
to atom...@googlegroups.com
Hi

2012/2/23 Michiel Klaver <goo...@klaver.it>

Now, to make it all really fast, the MySQL database backends could be
replaced with one of the many stripped-down forks like Percona XtraDB.
Would that be a (future) option?

We don't place any requirement as to what database is used.

For PowerDNS we provide an agent that sync zones to MySQL. It should work
with any database supporting the MySQL wire protocol, including Percona XtraDB.

In addition, the work needed to use some other completely different database is
not large - we also provide a sync agent for having zone data in BDB, for use
with the Bind-DLZ bdbhpt driver.

Best regards,
Jimmy

tsi...@ensofinancial.com

Dec 2, 2015, 12:17:41 AM12/2/15
to AtomiaDNS
I'm just curious - has any tried this with percona as the backend? if not i'll try it out and post my notes.

Jimmy Bergman

Dec 2, 2015, 2:18:22 AM12/2/15
to atom...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Not to the best of our knowledge.

Best regards,
Jimmy

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any transmission errors. If you receive this message in error, or if you are told that this message contains incorrect information, or if you are asked to delete this message for any reason, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message including any attachments if you are not the intended recipient of this message or any of its attachments or any part thereof. ENSO LP, ENSO Financial Management LLP and each of its subsidiaries (“ENSO”) each reserve the right to intercept and monitor all e-mail communications through its networks if legally allowed.  Message transmission is not guaranteed to be secure. This e-mail is not an offer to buy or sell or a solicitation to buy or sell any securities, investment products or other financial product or service, an official confirmation of any transaction, or an official statement of ENSO.  Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of ENSO. ENSO does not render legal, financial or tax advice, and the information contained in this communication should not be regarded as such.