Error from AddNameserverGroup of atomiadnsclient

Chungkwon Ryu

Nov 2, 2015, 1:29:48 PM11/2/15
to AtomiaDNS
I installed atomiadnsclient and did this :
atomiadnsclient --method AddNameserverGroup --arg nameserver1

then I got the error message like this :

여기에 코드 입력got fault of type soap:SystemError.DatabaseConnection: error preparing statement for AddNameserverGroup invocation: error connecting to zonedata at /usr/share/perl5/Atomia/DNS/ServerHandler.pm line 809....

What should I do...? I'm in panic..

Chungkwon Ryu

Nov 2, 2015, 1:33:55 PM11/2/15
to AtomiaDNS
And also, this one is my 'atomiadns.conf' file :

db_name = zonedata
db_hostname = localhost
db_username = atomiadns
db_password = b6a87425f3c0546b5125b70c0baf69dfd34f74dd
powerdns_db_database = powerdns
powerdns_db_hostname = localhost
powerdns_db_username = powerdns
powerdns_db_password = b6a87425f3c0546b5125b70c0baf69dfd34f74dd

servername = powerdns_db1
soap_cacert = /etc/apache2/ssl/apache.crt
soap_username = ryu...@gmail.com

Thanks for you sincerly

Chungkwon Ryu

Nov 2, 2015, 1:38:56 PM11/2/15
to AtomiaDNS
And I found that he suffered from similar error with me at here : https://groups.google.com/forum/embed/#!topic/atomiadns/NH79kVc-Dr8

But i cannot solve the problem.

Chungkwon Ryu

Nov 2, 2015, 2:04:30 PM11/2/15
to AtomiaDNS
And I have one more question : "Can I install AtomiaDNSClient, Atomia NameServer and AtomiaDNS Master server all these things in one computer?"

Jimmy Bergman

Nov 3, 2015, 1:59:58 AM11/3/15
to atom...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Yes, it is possible to install them all on one computer, it all depends on what kind of operational requirements you have.

"error connecting to zonedata" means that the API can't connect to the postgresql database.

I would start by checking that PostgreSQL is running, and available at:
db_name = zonedata
db_hostname = localhost
db_username = atomiadns
db_password = b6a87425f3c0546b5125b70c0baf69dfd34f74dd

(you should probably change your password :-) ).

Normally PostgreSQL starts when you install it through your distro package, but it might depend on what Linux distribution you use.

One other possible error could be that PostgreSQL is not configured to listen on the loopback interface or that /etc/hosts is setup badly
so that localhost does not resolve to 127.0.0.1.

On Ubuntu you can edit /etc/postgresql/current/main/postgresql.conf and set listen_addresses = '*' to listen on all interface.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,
Jimmy

And I have one more question : "Can I install AtomiaDNSClient, Atomia NameServer and AtomiaDNS Master server all these things in one computer?"

Chungkwon Ryu

Nov 3, 2015, 4:52:17 AM11/3/15
to AtomiaDNS
It was very useful advice Jimmy :) But I have another problem at here.
If I enter the command like this, it does nothing.

root@gan-Ubuntu:/etc# atomiadnsclient --method AddNameserverGroup --arg nsv1

Is is something wrong? or it should return something?

After a minute or more, it returns this error message :
got fault of type transport: 500 Can't connect to ganhome.iptime.org:80 (연결 시간 초과 : It means timeout in Korean)

Jimmy Bergman

Nov 3, 2015, 8:37:02 AM11/3/15
to atom...@googlegroups.com
Hi

That sounds like soap_uri is not pointing to apache on the machine.

In the original mail you had https://localhost/atomiadns

If you change it to http://127.0.0.1/atomiadns then you remove a couple
of possible failure sources such as DNS resolution not working and
https not beeing configured in apache (the installation package does not
do that for you).

Best regards,
Jimmy

Chungkwon Ryu

Nov 3, 2015, 8:49:25 AM11/3/15
to AtomiaDNS
Always thanks for you help. Actually, I re-installed all packages( master-server, client, powerdns, etc.)
And I tried to use original configurations. But I am also in trouble with same problem.
This is my /etc/atomiadns.conf file :
db_name = zonedata
db_hostname = localhost
db_username = atomiadns
db_password = %password

servername = powerdns_db1

#soap information is changed
#soap_sacert = /path/to/CA_cert_that_signed_SSL_cert
soap_username = ryu...@gmail.com
soap_password = 12345678

powerdns_db_database = powerdns
powerdns_db_hostname = localhost
powerdns_db_username = powerdns
powerdns_db_password = ccd7a3ed76ccc4ac43331e5b8d4d8d6526894865

and this is my /etc/postgresql/9.3/main/postgresql.conf file :
listen_addresses = '*'                  # what IP address(es) to listen on;

and this is also what i have in postgreSQL :
                                 List of databases
   Name    |  Owner   | Encoding |   Collate   |    Ctype    |   Access privileges
-----------+----------+----------+-------------+-------------+-----------------------
 postgres  | postgres | UTF8     | ko_KR.UTF-8 | ko_KR.UTF-8 |
 template0 | postgres | UTF8     | ko_KR.UTF-8 | ko_KR.UTF-8 | =c/postgres          +
           |          |          |             |             | postgres=CTc/postgres
 template1 | postgres | UTF8     | ko_KR.UTF-8 | ko_KR.UTF-8 | =c/postgres          +
           |          |          |             |             | postgres=CTc/postgres
 zonedata  | postgres | UTF8     | ko_KR.UTF-8 | ko_KR.UTF-8 |
(4 rows)

I have zonedata in my postgreSQL Database but it always return same error. I'm very sorry to ask the same question, but i'm so frustrated at this part...
So if you help me more, then I will appreciate your help. THANKS!

Chungkwon Ryu

Nov 3, 2015, 8:50:36 AM11/3/15
to AtomiaDNS
Oh i'm sorry. The error message is this :
root@ganPC:/etc# atomiadnsclient --method AddNameserverGroup --arg default

Jimmy Bergman

Nov 3, 2015, 8:54:37 AM11/3/15
to atom...@googlegroups.com
Hi

%password should be replaced with a working password in your postgres server, probably the password from your original mail
(since the atomiadns-database package don't recreate the user/database if it already exists).

After changing this, then 'apache2ctl restart' and then hopefully it should work.

You can also test connectivity by:
psql -h 127.0.0.1 -U atomiadns -W zonedata

and then using the password you have specified in db_password. This should work, otherwise the API will not be able to connect.

Best regards,
Jimmy

HP Cees

Jun 28, 2017, 4:49:17 PM6/28/17
to AtomiaDNS
The problems with the install of Atomiadns is, it is one big mess. You'll find a lot of install documents and none works. I've been trying to install it for weeks now and gave up. Realy sucks.....