Installation of Atomia DNS

Ildar Davletov

Jan 31, 2015, 9:36:20 AM1/31/15
to atom...@googlegroups.com
Hi, for it seems that documentation for install atomiadns in kind of beta stage.
I've install fresh ubuntu 14.04 LTS
And just copy-paste with modifications
my /etc/atomiadns.conf

db_name = zonedata
db_hostname = localhost
db_username = atomiadns
db_password = $$$$$$$$

webapp_nameservers = localhost
require_auth = 1
auth_admin_user = ad...@example.com
auth_admin_pass = $$$$$$$$$$$
soap_username = ad...@example.com
soap_password = $$$$$$$$$$$
powerdns_db_database = powerdns
powerdns_db_hostname = localhost
powerdns_db_username = powerdns
powerdns_db_password = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Mistakes:

1.
root@localhost:~# apache2ctl graceful

AH00558: apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using ::1. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this message

2. There is no  Atomia DNS control panel at port 5380

w3m: Can't load http://localhost:5380.
and no open port in apache for this

3. DNSSEC

atomiadnsclient --method AddDNSSECKey --arg RSASHA256 --arg 2048 --arg KSK --arg 1

got fault of type transport: 404 Not Found

4.
root@localhost:~# /etc/init.d/atomiadns-powerdnssync start

-bash: /etc/init.d/atomiadns-powerdnssync: No such file or directory

Dane Walker

Aug 11, 2015, 6:30:26 AM8/11/15
to AtomiaDNS
Hi Ildar

I am having the same issues on my side. Did you ever find a resolution?

Ildar Davletov

Aug 12, 2015, 3:29:11 AM8/12/15
to atom...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, nope ((

Jason long

Aug 29, 2015, 7:09:07 AM8/29/15
to AtomiaDNS
I also get the same error when i install.some one get resolved?

在 2015年1月31日星期六 UTC+8下午10:36:20,Ildar Davletov写道:

Jimmy Bergman

Aug 31, 2015, 1:30:17 AM8/31/15
to atom...@googlegroups.com
Hi

For what its worth we are happy to accept changes to the docs which exists at https://github.com/atomia/atomiadns/tree/develop/docs

Regarding the errors/warning, the first one on "apache2ctl graceful" is harmless (only warning) and not really related to Atomia DNS. The following page explains it:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/256013/could-not-reliably-determine-the-servers-fully-qualified-domain-name

You can either workaround the problem by adding some apache ServerName directive in the config, or make sure that your networking config on the server is setup so that apache
can figure it out by itself.

Regarding the http://localhost:5380 then this is not served by apache. atomiadns-webapp is a small proof-of-concept type of web GUI that showcases how Atomia DNS
works and how the API works. Most of our users instead integrate some existing control panel, GUI or system towards Atomia DNS, so it doesn't get as much testing as the rest of he code and
neither  has as much polishing work.

The component supposed to listen to port 5380 when following the setup instructions is thus node.js as defined by the upstart script for atomiadns-webapp:
exec "$node_bin" /usr/lib/atomiadns/webapp/atomiadns.js >> /var/log/atomiadns_webapp.log 2>&1

If it doesn't work, the first thing to check is the logfile defined in this script (/var/log/atomiadns_webapp.log)

If you get 404 when using atomiadnsclient then this means that soap_uri in /etc/atomiadns.conf is not setup to point to a working installation of atomiadns-api. In the
original mail this was http://localhost/atomiadns which looks good if you actually execute the command on the same server that has the API installation and
localhost points correctly in /etc/hosts (if it doesn't then this is one of many scenarios that will cause the apache warning).

Regarding the last bullet about /etc/init.d/atomiadns-powerdnssync beeing missing, then this command is supposed to be
executed on the actual nameservers to start the PowerDNS sync agent. This agent is installed through the package
atomiadns-powerdnssync. When this package is installed then /etc/init.d/atomiadns-powerdnssync does exist.

Hope this gives some hints where to look when troubleshooting, and again - any suggestions for how to reword
the documentation to make understanding the process easier or to correct steps beeing in invalid order etc would
be greatly appreciated. We have tested it ourself without hitting these problems, but sometimes fresh eyes is
better in bug testing instructions. This however means that even though I can see that there is some need
for updates in the docs, I don't really know what part is the problematic one - because the docs do work for me and
also for others.

Best regards,
Jimmy

Shamim Reza Sohag

Sep 22, 2015, 1:45:19 AM9/22/15
to AtomiaDNS
Hi,

I have installed and configured as per standard manual, but as per my testing requirements i have to browse the atomiadns web console through out the real IP not with the localhost and i have tuned it.
But the problem is it isnt browse-able and for further check when i telnet 5380 port from the server itself, still it showing connection refuse, whether 5380 port is allowed in the Firewall.

Is there any best possible options to get rid of it ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Shamim

HP Cees

Jun 30, 2017, 11:43:35 AM6/30/17
to AtomiaDNS
I agree with Ildar Davletov

The documentation is really buggy. Have axactly the same problems. Working on it for two weeks now and gave up.

Also documentation is old. That's what I hate more and more about open source. These things are always behind and years old.

Going back to a Windows solution again.....