Trying to install Atomia DNS.

Brad Trammell

Jul 30, 2017, 9:09:19 AM7/30/17
to AtomiaDNS

I've attempted to install Atomia on CentOS 5 (x64), CentOS 6 (x64), Fedora 25 (for sh*ts and giggles), Ubuntu 12 LTS, Ubuntu 14 LTS, and Ubuntu 16 LTS to no avail.

  • On Ubuntu 14 & 16, it will install, but not start, listen and the web gui is not accessible. (12 failed completely)
  • On CentOS 5 & 6, it gets half way through the installation and stops because of an error in the coding, then it breaks all yum functionality unless the repos it installed are removed.
  • On Fedora it installs successfully (which is surprising), the services start, but nothing is accessible.

Any idea why I'd be having these issues? I'm following the guide directly from your website for each of them.

Any chance you'll be releasing an Appliance ISO for virtualization? Something that is fully built and integrated, just needs to be configured? Or is there something I'm not doing that isn't mentioned in your documentation?

I would prefer to install it on CentOS 7, however I can't seem to find a guide anywhere and the tutorials for CentOS 6 don't apply to 7.

Message has been deleted

Danny Tangtam

Aug 31, 2017, 6:04:58 PM8/31/17
to AtomiaDNS
I was having the same issue, then i realize the apache2 service was not running. It needs the apache server to deliver the API calls.

RockInEmoNerd

Feb 11, 2018, 2:35:23 AM2/11/18
to AtomiaDNS
My apologies for my extremely late reply. I forgot I even posted this here.

I had apache2 (httpd on RHEL) running with all of these test and it was still not working. Do you have any additional insight that might help?