Installation issues

Dustin Schreiber

Jul 2, 2015, 4:58:27 PM7/2/15
to atom...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

New to AtomiaDNS but really am looking forward to working with it. However I'm having a hard time getting a basic installation setup and running. Following this guide on the AtomiaDNS website, I am finding I am unable to run any commands that involve "atomiadnsclient", I always get "unknown command". I've tried on Ubuntu 12 and 14 with similar results. One other bit that confuses me is when I get to the section "Before using the Atomia DNS client" the guide states to set "soap_username" = "same as auth_admin_username", but I have no idea when, where or what the "auth_admin_username" is.

Ultimately I would prefer to use CentOS 7, but CentOS 6.5 would suffice. If anyone is able to help me resolve this issue I would be extremely happy.

My end goal is to have the following configuration:
  • DigitalOcean VPSs
    • AtomiaDNS Master Server and database + webapp
    • AtomiaDNS Backup Master + webapp (and/or database, depending on how the system functions, which I'm still kinda in the dark about all the parts and which go together and such) for redundancy
    • AtomiaDNS PowerDNS nameserver
  • Windows Azure VPSs
    • 2 x AtomiaDNS PowerDNS nameservers\

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advanced.

- Dustin Schreiber

Dustin Schreiber

Jul 3, 2015, 4:03:17 PM7/3/15
to atom...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

So I believe I made some progress finally, I think. I am not yet successful at getting the webapp to work. I just can't open the page, acts as though it isn't running. I currently am running Ubuntu 14.04.

Shamim Reza Sohag

Sep 22, 2015, 1:53:17 AM9/22/15
to AtomiaDNS
Facing the same kind of problem... running atomia dns in ubuntu 14.04.3. as per the manual configured it but at the end cant browse the web console through 5380 port with real IP.
Searched google already. but there in no tips or clue to resolve the issue.