timing to reset the lpad

yuuu...@gmail.com

Nov 20, 2018, 5:42:32 PM11/20/18
to atomate
Dear sir/madam,

I would like to know the timing to reset the lpad.
How regularly and at what timing can we do the reset?

One possible timing would be when the mongodb server is temporary down for maintenance and all the calculations are already submitted. But, in the latter case, what should we do if the FIZZLED calculations remain?

Or, shouldn't we reset the lpad at all?

Sincerely,
Yu

Anubhav Jain

Nov 21, 2018, 5:20:49 PM11/21/18
to yuuu...@gmail.com, ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yu

Generally I would suggest not resetting the lpad at all. This would remove all your previously stored data, etc. and all accounting of your jobs.

If there are particular jobs that you no longer want to keep track of, I would suggest "archiving" those workflows ("lpad archive_wflows"):

 If the entire database is not needed anymore, I would suggest backing up the database using the MongoDB backup operations (e.g., mongodump) and then removing it. But typically we keep our databases around unless it's very clear the data is not needed anymore (e.g., testing purposes, and we have also deleted the calculation directories).

-Anubhav

Best,
Anubhav

yuuu...@gmail.com

Nov 21, 2018, 5:40:02 PM11/21/18
to atomate
Dear Anubhav,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.
I was bit worried that if the number of stored data is very large, the lpad may be too heavy to run.
But I just worried for nothing.

Best wishes,
Yu

Anubhav Jain

Nov 21, 2018, 5:42:41 PM11/21/18
to yuuu...@gmail.com, ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yu

MongoDB is meant to handle very large data sets, e.g. see:

If you encounter performance issues in reality please let us know, I'm sure we can solve them.

yuuu...@gmail.com

Nov 21, 2018, 5:46:18 PM11/21/18
to atomate
Dear Anubhav,

Thank you very much for your kindness.
I keep trying fireworks/atomate. It's really useful.

Best,
Yu