What's the Atom/OWL namespace?

Benja Fallenstein

Aug 23, 2006, 12:13:45 PM8/23/06
to atom...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

http://bblfish.net/work/atom-owl/2006-06-06/AtomOwl.html

has

@prefix : <http://bblfish.net/work/atom-owl/2006-06-06/#> .

but also

The AtomOwl vocabulary is identified by the namespace URI
'http://bblfish.net/work/atom-owl/2006-06-06/'. (todo: this is
unstable)

Which is correct?

All the best,
- Benja

--
http://flowerpot.kaijanaho.fi/~benja/board/blog

Henry Story

Aug 23, 2006, 1:43:42 PM8/23/06
to atom...@googlegroups.com
On 23 Aug 2006, at 18:13, Benja Fallenstein wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> http://bblfish.net/work/atom-owl/2006-06-06/AtomOwl.html
>
> has
>
> @prefix : <http://bblfish.net/work/atom-owl/2006-06-06/#> .

I was thinking the above, unless someone has a better idea.

But perhaps this is a good time to ask what we should really have for
a namespace.
Or is everyone ok with this provisional namespace?

If we get a W3C namespace, can we only put things there when they are
in final form? How should things work?

Thanks for pointing out the inconsistency.

Henry

Ian Davis

Aug 23, 2006, 3:40:54 PM8/23/06
to atom...@googlegroups.com
On 23/08/2006 18:43, Henry Story wrote:
> On 23 Aug 2006, at 18:13, Benja Fallenstein wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> http://bblfish.net/work/atom-owl/2006-06-06/AtomOwl.html
>>
>> has
>>
>> @prefix : <http://bblfish.net/work/atom-owl/2006-06-06/#> .
>
> I was thinking the above, unless someone has a better idea.
>
> But perhaps this is a good time to ask what we should really have for
> a namespace.
> Or is everyone ok with this provisional namespace?
>
> If we get a W3C namespace, can we only put things there when they are
> in final form? How should things work?
>
> Thanks for pointing out the inconsistency.

I can offer http://purl.org/vocab/atom-owl/schema#

or variations along that line

http://purl.org/vocab maps to http://vocab.org/

I can host the schema there or redirect somewhere else. I already host a
number of useful schemas on that site. Uploading the schema can only be
done by me right now but I've found that to be a feature - it makes the
schemas less likely to change frivolously if the author has to wait for
me to publish it :)

You can read the persistence policy here:

http://vocab.org/policies/availability

Ian

Benja Fallenstein

Aug 23, 2006, 3:48:47 PM8/23/06
to atom...@googlegroups.com
Hi Henry,

What's the deal with atomowl.org?

I got quite confused recently because I went there as the seemingly
natural place to look for the newest version of the ontology, but the
version up there didn't seem to match with what had been discussed on
this list recently ;-)

- Benja

--
http://flowerpot.kaijanaho.fi/~benja/board/blog

Henry Story

Aug 25, 2006, 10:15:24 AM8/25/06
to atom...@googlegroups.com, Bachmann-Gmür Reto
On 23 Aug 2006, at 21:48, Benja Fallenstein wrote:
> Hi Henry,
>
> What's the deal with atomowl.org?

We have all been quite lax about where we place the documents until
recently. Given that there were not that many people following the
whole thing, this was not so much of a problem. It looks like we are
getting more traction now which is good :-)

I placed the docs recently on the Subversion repository at https://
sommer.dev.java.net/atom/2006-06-06/, as that is a repository has
good support, but we can't get content negotiation to work there,
which is why I put it back on bblfish.net.

> I got quite confused recently because I went there as the seemingly
> natural place to look for the newest version of the ontology, but the
> version up there didn't seem to match with what had been discussed on
> this list recently ;-)

Yes, you are right.

We have to get this fixed. I was hoping to be able to get some W3C
working group going, but our (Sun) lawyers don't seem to like XG for
some reason - still I am following this up. So that is a little
difficult. I am not quite sure how to proceed.

In any case seeing that we are getting more interest here is
definitely going to make things easier. And now that Reto is working
at HP, perhaps things will work out more easily.

Henry

Henry Story

Oct 4, 2006, 9:40:22 AM10/4/06
to atom...@googlegroups.com, Bachmann-Gmür Reto

http://atomowl.org/ seems to be down.

Btw. the main reason I have not placed the latest ontology there is
that I was worried that the name is too good and that this would make
it more difficult long term to get a w3c name space.

It would be good to have start having these different AtomOwl web
sites point to the same place though. Could we perhaps have them
point to the https://sommer.dev.java.net/atom page. I can easily give
different people access to that subversion repository who want to
contribute (Danny is allready a member).

Henry