Re: Contd: AtomOWL and SIOC Integration

Uldis Bojars

Oct 30, 2006, 8:55:27 PM10/30/06
to sioc...@googlegroups.com, atom...@googlegroups.com
We can do the SIOC property change that Kingley proposes provided that
awol:Content remains in the AtomOWL ontology. :Content is a well
designed class and can be more flexible than just a bunch of :html,
:xhtml, :...

Proposed actions (if we proceed):
- rename existing sioc:content to sioc:text
- instroduce a new property sioc:content that'll link to an object =
content of a post
- describe linking of SIOC and AtomOWL in
http://esw.w3.org/topic/SIOC/RelatedOntologies + add examples

This new property will be used to link a sioc:Post to an object
representing its content / body. Its domain will be sioc:Post; no
range restriction (main intended use is to link to awol:Content, but
other ontologies could also be used to represent content).

What do you think?

Uldis

[ http://captsolo.net/info/ ]

On 10/26/06, kidehen <kid...@openlinksw.com> wrote:

> Anyway, for those who haven't picked up my reply. The suggestion I am
> making if that ":Content" should remain unchanged. It already handles
> the definition of what is populary known as "Web Content" effectively
> :-)
>
> Kingsley
>
> On Oct 25, 9:29 am, Henry Story <henry.st...@bblfish.net> wrote:
> > Mhh... I tried removing the :Content again, but then remembered why I
> > had not done that before (or one of the reasons).
> >
> > atom specifies that the <content> element can contain
> >
> > atomInlineOtherContent =
> > element atom:content {
> > atomCommonAttributes,
> > attribute type { atomMediaType }?,
> > (text|anyElement)*
> > }
> >
> > to do this with literals, I would have to create a huge number of
> > different literal types, one for each different media type. Now I am
> > not sure if this would be a bad idea or not.
> >
> > Could one think of media types as literal specifications? Would this
> > make sense:
> >
> > "...."^^iana_image:jpg
> >
> > ?
> >
> > Perhaps the awol:Content is really not such a bad idea. What it
> > enables is one to refer to representations indirectly via urls, it is
> > very flexible, close to web arch, and there is a easy relation with
> > literals to be made at some point
> >
> > x :content "b"^^:xhtml .
> >
> > is afer all very close to
> >
> > x :content "b"^:xhtml .
> >
> > Sorry. I sometimes forget all the reasons for why I ended up with the
> > current AtomOwl.
> >
> > Henry

> > > Hi, thanks for the comments.
> >
> > > A little problem: I have been thinking of removing the awol:Content
> > > class from AtomOwl and replacing it with Literals in the thread
> > > "Making Content into Literals in AtomOwl" [1]
> >
> > > It removes one level of indirection in the relation between an entry
> > > and a feed and its title value, and so is closer to the atom syntax,
> > > which may make it easier to query using a SPARQL end point such as
> > > the one I put up recently [2]. I mention further advantages in that
> > > thread. It does mean that I do have to create a number of new literal
> > > types awol:html and awol:xml .
> >
> > > It may well be that there was a good reason for not doing this .
> > > Could you give a quick example of how you were thinking of using
> > > awol:Content ?
> >
> > > Any other feedback would be appreciated.
> >
> > > There may be a way of re-introducing it though, whilst keeping the
> > > benefits of the simpler literal notation.
> >
> > > This would be to make the link relations types be relations between
> > > an entry/feed and a :Content
> >
> > > [] a :Entry;
> > > :title "Atom-Powered Robots <b>Run</b> Amok"^^:html;
> > > :link [ :href <http://example.org/2003/12/13/atom03>
> > > :rel iana:self;
> > > :type "application/atom+xml" ];
> > > :id "urn:uuid:1225c695-cfb8-4ebb-aaaa-80da344efa6a"^^xsd:anyURI;
> [...]

Henry Story

Nov 17, 2006, 9:56:43 PM11/17/06
to atom...@googlegroups.com, sioc...@googlegroups.com, Bachmann-Gmür Reto
Sorry for taking so much time to follow up on this.

I am slightly altering the AtomOwl ontology to re-inforce the role of
the :Content class. I have rewritten the xquery now so
that :title, :subtitle, ... point visibly to a :Content object.

Here for example is an transformation of an older feed of Tim Bray's.

ongoing.turtle

Henry Story

Nov 22, 2006, 3:24:38 PM11/22/06
to atom...@googlegroups.com, sioc...@googlegroups.com, Bachmann-Gmür Reto
Duh. I just noticed that I had not posted the xquery.

atom2turtle.xquery