Request for extension to AtomOwl

Houghton,Andrew

Jan 9, 2010, 1:46:04 AM1/9/10
to atom...@googlegroups.com
I would like to request that AtomOwl be extended to allow AtomPub service and category documents to be serialized in RDF. However, my immediate need and focus is to serialize AtomPub category documents in RDF. It looks like extending AtomOwl to allow AtomPub category documents is a minimal change to the existing ontology. My initial assesment is as follows:

1) a new class awol:Categories for the app:categories element
2) change awol:category to have a domain that is a union of awol:FeedOrEntry or awol:Categories
3) a new property awol:fixed with values yes and no, with a domain of awol:Categories
4) change awol:scheme to have a domain that is a union of awol:Category or awol:Categories

To extend AtomOwl to allow AtomPub category documents seems like a minor change. I would rather not define my own ontology for AtomPub category documents and it seem that support in the AtomOwl ontology would be better for the community in the long run.

I would welcome comments on this proposal to extend AtomOwl.

Andy.