AOSC 433/633: Sun update

Ross Salawitch

Feb 26, 2017, 3:07:43 PM2/26/17
to aosc433-0...@coursemail.umd.edu, aosc633-0...@coursemail.umd.edu, aosc633-a...@coursemail.umd.edu, atmospheric-chemist...@googlegroups.com, Pamela Wales, chem433-0...@coursemail.umd.edu
Hi Everyone,

Hope folks are enjoying the nice weekend and also have been able to
devote some time to preparation for the exam, which will be held Tues at
2 pm. We will start the moment the clock strikes 2 pm, so please try to
arrive on time. As stated numerous times, exam is closed book, no
notes, no calculator.

All of the ATs are now graded. I expect that folks should be able to
see their grades and the comments I have entered. The last question of
the most recent AT was a bit tricky, in that we asked you to assess how
the effect of aerosols on clouds acted in response to the initial
perturbation, which was stated as "humans release aerosols, which
cool". Since the response described by Jacobson is further cooling,
this response acts in the direction of the perturbation, which had been
to cool. Hence, response is a positive feedback, due to this alignment
of direction.

Pam will review P Set #2 at 6 pm on Monday, in the class room. If you
can not attend and would like to see graded P Set #2 prior to the exam,
please arrange to meet Pam either late afternoon tomorrow, or Tues
morning. We will make a concerted effort to record the review, and to
update the class website to contain a link to the recording. I had
forgotten to place a link to Thursday's lecture onto the class website,
until today. If this happens again, please note you can see the
recordings by clicking on the words Panopto Recordings on the ELMS
dashboard for this class.

If you are having trouble accessing any material, included Learning
Outcome Quizzes, Readings, Videos, or Graded ATs, please let both me and
Pam know. During the exam, if you do not understand what it is we are
asking, please ask for clarification.

Cheers,

Ross

--