AOSC 433 / 633: Tues Update

1 view

Ross Salawitch

Feb 7, 2017, 7:45:24 PM2/7/17
to aosc433-0...@coursemail.umd.edu, aosc633-0...@coursemail.umd.edu, aosc633-a...@coursemail.umd.edu, atmospheric-chemist...@googlegroups.com, Pamela Wales, chem433-0...@coursemail.umd.edu
Hi Everyone,

Quick message to note the class website has been updated. Those who
were present today know the projection system was down, so we had to
reply on a laptop / desktop projector.

Pam was able to capture great audio. So, those who missed class, or
anyone who wants to review, can hopefully use the audio combined with
the class lecture notes, on the web at:

http://www.atmos.umd.edu/~rjs/class/spr2017/lectures/ACC_2017_lecture04_class.pdf

Need to use css2416 to open this file.

Also, in light of the description in class of the disappearance of the
polar cell during the Cretaceous, check out this news story:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2017/02/06/massive-hurricane-force-atlantic-storm-to-push-abnormally-mild-air-towards-north-pole

I'll have the AT's for Lecture 3 and Lecture 4 graded before class on
Thursday.

Also, I am giving the AOSC seminar Thurs at 3:30 pm:

https://www.atmos.umd.edu/seminar/#164

just around the corner from class (room 2400). I will need to "exit
stage right" immediately after class on Thurs, to get ready for the
seminar. Folks are welcome to attend. And, Pam will be present after
class on Thurs, able to answer any and all questions about the Problem
Set that is due on 14 Feb.

Cheers,

Ross

--