AOSC 433/633 & CHEM 433: Wed update

Ross Salawitch

Mar 1, 2017, 4:59:33 PM3/1/17
to aosc433-0...@coursemail.umd.edu, aosc633-0...@coursemail.umd.edu, aosc633-a...@coursemail.umd.edu, atmospheric-chemist...@googlegroups.com, Pamela Wales, chem433-0...@coursemail.umd.edu
Hi Everyone,

We've completed the grading of the first exam, which will be returned at
the start of class tomorrow. I will spend the first ~40 mins of class
going over the exam. Grades have been entered into ELMS: we had a high
score of 97, a low of 50, and an average of 77.

If anyone would like to pick up a copy of their exam prior to class
tomorrow, you can stop by my office (Room 2403 of Atlantic, formerly
CSS) in the next few hrs, or from 11 am until 1:30 pm tomorrow.

There is an assignment to read sections 2.0, 2.3, & 2.6 of Chemistry in
Context prior to class tomorrow. However, we will have a one-class
break from Admission Tickets. Rather than an Admission Ticket for
tomorrow, I have instead posted a survey that students are welcome to
turn in physically, tomorrow at the start of class. I asked this be
anonymous: i.e., whether you are complimenting (ha!) or criticizing
(this is fine!), please do so without writing your name on the form. We
posted in both PDF and Word, so that folks can more easily edit, and
print, the Word form.

The middle third of our class starts tomorrow: this portion will be
focused mostly on atmospheric chemistry.

Cheers,

Ross

--
Ross Salawitch