AOSC 433: 633: Fri update & note for P Set #2

Ross Salawitch

Feb 17, 2017, 8:24:17 PM2/17/17
to aosc433-0...@coursemail.umd.edu, aosc633-0...@coursemail.umd.edu, aosc633-a...@coursemail.umd.edu, atmospheric-chemist...@googlegroups.com, Pamela Wales, chem433-0...@coursemail.umd.edu

Hi Everyone,

Greetings, hope you had a nice week.  I am in Southern California, which is the midst of a severe weather event.

I was able to update the class website to include:

a) video of the lecture on Thurs

b) learning outcome quiz for Thurs

c) AT for lecture on Tues

The AT for Tuesday's lecture will be the last we'll have for a while.

---

For P Set #2, the folks in AOSC 633 were asked to code up the formula needed to estimate RF of climate due to CH4 and N2O.  Folks in 433 were given the option of coding, or using the color plot.  If you write code, please turn in the code.  If you do decide to estimate the formula by typing numbers on a calculator, this is OK too.  In this case, perhaps you can write out the expression, and provide numerical estimate of various terms, so that we can understand how you approached the problem.

The P Set is due on Thurs, 23 Feb, so we can answer any questions in class on Tues.

Also, Pam will conduct a review of P Set #1 Mon, 6 pm, in CSS 2416.

Cheers,

Ross

--
Ross Salawitch