Latin America

Max Olson

Sep 7, 2014, 12:50:43 PM9/7/14
to atlastor...@googlegroups.com
Fri Jan 31 2014 10:26:05 GMT-0800 (PST) @hpnk85:

Hey everybody Im Homero. Id like to work on Latinamerican maps. I've already started compiling some data and analysing sources.  I m yet thinking on how to split time periods as they are broad (particularly pre columbian times) and quite dynamic (19th century) If someone's got data/ideas/suggestions do let me know!

cheers

Max Olson

Sep 7, 2014, 12:51:58 PM9/7/14
to atlastor...@googlegroups.com
Fri Jan 31 2014 17:30:45 GMT-0800 (PST) @maxolson:

Hi Homero, based on how we're working on it now, you can split time periods pretty much however you need as long as they are in 1-year intervals. So a map could go from 1805-1807 or from 1700-1800 if necessary. If there are only minor changes during a long period it might be best to just do that for now.

Also keep in mind that periods will begin and end on January 1 (meaning 1805-1807 is really January 1, 1805 to January 1, 1807), if you have some specific change event you need to account for.

We can also fix many things later if necessary.