Historic map requests

Max Olson

Sep 7, 2014, 1:17:16 PM9/7/14
to atlastor...@googlegroups.com
Sun Feb 16 2014 08:06:59 GMT-0800 (PST) @maxolson:

I'm trying to think of what areas of the world in history would be the most requested/popular for the general population.

In other words: what place + time period is most in demand? This would likely be a map where some sort of ongoing event or series of events caused the map (borders, cities, landscape) to change dramatically over a certain period.

I'd like to hear anyone's suggestions or ideas. Once I get a good idea of what's popular I'll consolidate them and we can do an informal poll. Here's a few to get started:

1. Europe during WWII (1939-1945)
2. Europe during WWI (1913-1918)
3. Europe during the Napoleonic Wars (1800-1815)
4. Colonization of the Americas (1492-1776+)

Max Olson

Sep 7, 2014, 1:19:37 PM9/7/14
to atlastor...@googlegroups.com
Sun Feb 16 2014 20:13:21 GMT-0800 (PST) @PirateJenny:

The period immediately following World War II:
Breakup of Germany 1945-1957
Founding of modern Israel 1947-1949
Breakup of British India 1946-1947

Breakup of the Soviet Union post Cold War 1991