JIRA issue ID in JQL search mode

Yves Berquin

Mar 6, 2017, 4:57:02 AM3/6/17
to Atlassian Connect Dev
Hello,

We have some JIRA Clouds add-ons that need to know the JIRA issue key.

For that we just specify this in the json descriptor:

"modules": {
        "webPanels": [
            {
                "url": "/plugin/webPanel?issueKey={issue.key}&issueId={issue.id}&projectId={project.id}",
                "location": "atl.jira.view.issue.right.context",
            }
        ],

It all works fine if you have a JIRA page like https://xxx.atlassian.net/browse/PROJ-123

On the other hand if you do have a JQL attached to the query like this: https://xxx.atlassian.net/browsePROJ-124?jql=project%20%3D%20PROJ%20AND%20status%20!%3D%20Done
then JIRA opens up this complicated mode where you have a split screen with the resulting JIRA issues on a left navigation panel and one JIRA issue on the right.
If you now click on another JIRA issue on the left navigation panel, our add-on is being called again, but instead of the new JIRA issue ID it does get the old one (the one that was on the original URL).

It is not completely systematic: if you click on a couple of items on the left navigation panel at some point we do get sometime the correct issue ID.

Is this a known issue/behavior?
Is there another way to query again the JIRA issue ID from the add-on to know for which we have been called?

Thanks a lot

Yves - Matrix Requirements GmbH

Einar Pehrson

Mar 8, 2017, 3:44:05 AM3/8/17
to atlassian-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yves,

I think the issue you are reporting was raised as ACJS-545.

Regards,
Einar

Yves Berquin

Mar 8, 2017, 4:18:05 AM3/8/17