How to list the custom field values depends on another field selection?

Mallikarjuna V

Feb 28, 2017, 6:53:35 AM2/28/17
to Atlassian Connect Dev
Hi,

Step1: I am using atlassian cloud account. I have written an "atlassian-connect.json" which contains the two issue fields(Ex: Designs and Components) and uploaded the plugin in to JIRA portal using rest API's.

Step2. I have enabled two values to "Designs" field say "Des-1" and "Des-2".

Step3: I have enabled two values to "Components" field say "Comp-1" and "Comp-2".

Now I would like to know the If I select the "Des-1" from "Designs" field, only "Comp-1" value should be listed under "Components" field.

If I select the "Des-2" from "Designs" field, only "Comp-2" value should be listed under "Components" field.

Note: Both Design and Component values are dynamic.(Ex: If I add any design to my project, that also should list in Designs and Components fields)

Please help me out on the above behavior.

Thanks in Advance!

Robert Massaioli

Mar 1, 2017, 12:02:31 AM3/1/17
to Atlassian Connect Dev
Hi Mallikarjuna,

You cannot create a link between two issue fields. Why not just create a single issue field that contains these two values: "Des-1 / Comp-1" and "Des-2 / Comp-2"?

Cheers,
Robert

Mallikarjuna V

Mar 1, 2017, 1:44:54 AM3/1/17
to Atlassian Connect Dev
Hi Robert,

Thanks for your response!

Actually my requirement is that I need to list the components in "Components" field depends on design selection.

I have number of components for each design. so that If I select the design say "Des-1" from design field, "Comp-1-a", "Comp-1-b"  and "Comp-1-c" should be displayed in "Components" field.

If I select the design say "Des-2" from design field, "Comp-2-a", "Comp-2-b"  and "Comp-2-c" should be displayed in "Components" field.

Do you have any idea how to disable the custom field values from rest API?

Then I can achieve this using that API.

Thanks in Advance!

Regards,
Mallikarjuna V.