changing descriptor host in atlassian-connect.json

Florian Bauer

Mar 28, 2015, 6:42:39 AM3/28/15
to atlassian-...@googlegroups.com
Hi there!

I want to change the host of my connect app. I tried this at a private listing in my staging environment. I uploaded a new descriptor version at the marketplace listing. Than my Jira instance wants me to update the addon's version but this leads into an error:

The add-on failed to install. Please try again later or contact the add-on vendor.

And as long as I do not have access to the Jira instance's logs it is hard to debug this error.

cheers,
Florian

Peter Brownlow

Mar 30, 2015, 8:34:37 PM3/30/15
to atlassian-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Florian,

If you're talking about your staging bit-storymap add-on then the errors in our analytics events suggest that you may be affected by a known bug in a library that JIRA and Connect use to make outgoing HTTPS requests: https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/AC-1519
The fix is already making its way through the JIRA pipeline.

In the short term, if it is indeed this bug then you can avoid it by disabling SNI in your hosting settings.

Please note that due to an issue in Java 6 SNI has *never* worked with Atlassian Cloud instances. It should now work in Confluence and JIRA is not far behind.

-Peter

Patrick Streule

Mar 31, 2015, 12:16:57 AM3/31/15
to atlassian-...@googlegroups.com
Florian,

Maybe you used the certificate for your production server on your staging server, too? This would also explain the message that we were seeing:

Error contacting remote application [javax.net.ssl.SSLException: hostname in certificate didn't match

Regards,
Patrick

Florian Bauer

Apr 4, 2015, 6:44:45 AM4/4/15
to atlassian-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Patrick hi Peter,

thanks for your answer!

I use a heroku server and a cloudflare (cloudflare.com) nameserver which handles all my ssl and I expect that cloudflare does the job.

Or is there any other best praxis approach to deal with heroku, domains and ssl?

Thanks and happy Eastern!

Florian

Kind Regards,
Florian Bauer
http://bauer-information-technology.com
+49 (0) 175 400 97 15

Patrick Streule

Apr 6, 2015, 10:36:44 PM4/6/15
to atlassian-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Florian,

Unfortunately we keep seeing issues with Server Name Indication (SNI) even after we migrated Atlassian Cloud to Java 8. We are working on a resolution and will post here once we fully support SNI. For now, the best advice is probably to stay away from it, but we do understand that this is not always possible.

Cloudflare's SSL for Free plan relies on SNI, unfortunately, and that's why you get the SSL errors on installation.

One option is to upgrade to Cloudflare's Pro offering until we fully support SNI.

Regards,
Patrick
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to atlassian-connect-dev+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Florian Bauer