Confluence REST API /content/{id}/descendant/page skips pages

florin....@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2017, 6:34:12 AM3/8/17
to Atlassian Connect Dev
Hi All,

I'm working on a Confluence Cloud addon and was attempting to get all descendants of the space homepage using this endpoint https://docs.atlassian.com/confluence/REST/latest/#content/{id}/descendant-descendantsOfType

It looks to me like this endpoint sometimes skips pages altogether. I have 2 spaces with 100 and 700 pages respectively distributed on maximum 4 levels of nesting. Here are my observations:
- For the 100 page space I got a minimum of 58 *distinct* (this is important as mentioned below) pages
- For the 700 page space I got a minimum of ~600 *distinct* pages
- The pages and number of pages returned are consistent across requests and only depend on how the children are ordered. When I reorder the children of any page, the distinct pages and number of them returned by the endpoint will most often change. If I don't touch the hierarchy, responses are consistent across multiple requests.
- There are duplicates. for the page (start=0, limit=25), I get the first 25 pages, but the next call (start=25, limit=25) will also return the last few (2-3) pages from the first request (pagination broken?).

Has anyone hit this or can provide a workaround? Are there any other solutions to building the entire page hierarchy fast? (I'd like to avoid using /child for every node)

Thanks for the help!

Florin Manaila
Kepler-Rominfo

Einar Pehrson

Mar 8, 2017, 8:37:54 AM3/8/17
to atlassian-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Florin,

I've raised a ticket for this on your behalf through our Developer Technical Support service desk.

Cheers!
Einar

Tobias Anstett (K15t Software)

Mar 23, 2017, 6:05:23 AM3/23/17
to atlassian-...@googlegroups.com, epeh...@atlassian.com
Hi Einar,

Could you please send us the public JIRA ticket link?

Thanks,
Tobias

--
Tobias Anstett
Email: tob...@k15t.com | Phone: +49 (711) 935 935 36

K15t Software GmbH, Ostendstr. 110, 70188 Stuttgart, GERMANY
Phone: +49 (711) 935 935-30 | Fax: +49 (711) 935 935-39
Registration: Stuttgart HRB 729752, VAT ID: DE264753756
Geschaeftsfuehrer (CEO): Stefan Kleineikenscheidt

http://www.k15t.com
http://www.twitter.com/k15tsoftware

Powering Painless Content Collaboration

Einar Pehrson

Mar 23, 2017, 6:49:26 AM3/23/17
to atlassian-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tobias,

the support ticket isn't public, but there is no additional information there. If you have steps to reproduce this issue, please raise a bug through DEVHELP. Otherwise I'd suggest raising this in the community forum for discussion.

Cheers!
Einar

florin....@gmail.com

Mar 23, 2017, 6:59:46 AM3/23/17
to Atlassian Connect Dev
Hi Tobias,

This was the response & only information on the ticket: "As of two weeks ago, we're asking that developers take open-ended questions to the Atlassian Developer Community forums where other members of the ecosystem community might be able to answer your question based on their experience. I'm resolving this issue as "declined"; however, I can see there might be a bug here. If you can produce steps to reproduce, please reply to reopen this issue and we'll get the details into the right Confluence Cloud project."

Regards,
Florin.

Jens Rutschmann (K15t Software)

Mar 29, 2017, 2:21:07 AM3/29/17
to atlassian-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Einar,

we already created an issue for this a few weeks ago:
https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/CE-914

While it is about overlapping results instead of missing results it
sounds like this is related.
We can provide access to the affected space if required.

Cheers,
Jens